Thursday, October 1, 2009

FDBKA - Honey and Bee weekend

Fareham and District Beekeepers Association held a honey and bee weekend at a local farm center.

I thought I would create a video of Mike H and myself showing a general inspection of the hives then I'd edit it down into a short movie for the public but it didn't go quite according to plan.

I didn't have time to organise myself properly and in the end we didn't show this film. Over the two hours of filming I got stung three times, which was my own fault really, Mike rarely wears his gloves unless he is unsure of how his bees are doing, and as I needed to operate the camera's I didn't wear mine... So thought I compile the stings into a short movie for your enjoyment.



No idea why the third sting hurt so much, but the wife enjoyed watching this little movie.